Welcome to Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad
DULUTH'S FIRST RAILS !
RIDE WITH US! : Enjoy the majestic beauty of the
St. Louis River Corridor in West Duluth.
A unique, one-of-a-kind railroad experience!!
IT'S GREAT FAMILY FUN !
The Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad, as an all-volunteer operation, provides unique oportunities for individuals to become involved with the preservation, restoration and operation of our railroad.
--- WE NEED NEW VOLUNTEERS AND NEW IDEAS
Training for LSMRR positions is provided .
**This is a great way to spend time with others who have an interest in railroading.**
Please check out the "Volunteer" page for positions needed.
Contact us at email@example.com or call 218-624-7549 to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- The LSMRR tourist train departs every Saturday & Sunday at 10:30 am & 1:30 pm for a 1 hour & 40 minute ride along the St. Louis River.
- The season runs from June 13, 2015 through October 11, 2015.
- The ride departs from the ticket office on Grand Ave across from the Lake Superior Zoo (behind the Little Store).
- No reservations necessary, however, group tickets may be purchased in advance. (See Scheduel/Fare/Charter page)
- Group charters are available by reservation only. (See Schedule/Fare/Charter page)
Historic Route: The ride follows the last six miles of the 1870’s track of the first train into Duluth,, the original Lake Superior & Mississippi.
Natural Setting: The train traces the St Louis River providing excellent viewing of nature & wildlife.
- Wildlife abounds – Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons, Turkey Vultures, Loons, Swans, Geese & Ducks with their young are common sights along with deer, fox & various other animals.
- The train crosses Mud Lake Causeway with water on both sides of the track.
- The fully narrated trip tells the rich history along the river.
Antique Equipment: Vintage equipment includes---
- two 1912 passenger coaches, both 100 years old this year-2012 !
- a 1946 engine
- an open-air Safari Car.
Join Us For A Great Ride !!
Saturdays & Sundays
Next ride - July 4 & 5
JOIN US. IT'S FUN
Now through October 11, 2015
Charters available upon request.
ADULT - $13.50
CHILD - $ 8.00
AGE 3 YRS AND UNDER RIDE FREE !
ENJOY THE DAY
RIDE THE RAILS !!!!
Call 218-624-7549 for information.