Welcome to Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad
Come & enjoy a ride on the historic tourist train in West Duluth, MN.
2013 for the Lake Superior & Mississippi was a wonderful season.
Join us now for the
"Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad Challenge"
The LSMRR has been given the opportunity to match up to $5000 in donations if raised before December 31, 2013. This original offer has been matched ! Now, between today and the end of the year 2013, your donation is worth three times as much. (For example: a tax donation of $100 received by December 31, 2013, means the LSMRR will receive $300, up donations totalling $5000.)
The LSMRR is looking for your support to continue this great excursion ride. Please send your donation(s) to:
Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad
PO Box 16211 Duluth,Min 55816
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
LOOK FOR US NEXT SPRING FOR THE 2014 RIDES
WE'RE ALL VOLUNTEERS !!!!!!
The LSMRR is an all-volunteer operation.
It provides unique opportunities for individuals to become involved with the preservation, restoration and operation of our railroad.
All skills are needed. Training for all LSMRR positions is provided .
**This is a great way to spend time with others who have an interest in railroading.**
Please check out the "Volunteer" page for positions needed.
Contact us at Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad (link at bottom of page) or call 218-624-7549 to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- The LSMRR tourist train departs every Saturday & Sunday at 10:30 am & 1:30 pm for a 1 hour & 40 minute ride along the St. Louis River.
- The season runs from June to October
- The ride departs from the ticket office on Grand Ave across from the Lake Superior Zoo (behind the Little Store).
- No reservations necessary, however, group tickets may be purchased in advance. (See Scheduel/Fare/Charter page)
- Group charters are available by reservation only. (See Schedule/Fare/Charter page)
Historic Route: The ride follows the last six miles of the 1870’s track of the first train into Duluth,, the original Lake Superior & Mississippi.
Natural Setting: The train traces the St Louis River providing excellent viewing of nature & wildlife.
- Wildlife abounds – Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons, Turkey Vultures, Loons, Swans, Geese & Ducks with their young are common sights along with deer, fox & various other animals.
- The train crosses Mud Lake Causeway with water on both sides of the track.
- The fully narrated trip tells the rich history along the river.
Antique Equipment: Vintage equipment includes---
- two 1912 passenger coaches, both 100years old this year-2012 !
- a 1946 engine
- an open-air Safari Car.