Welcome to Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad
DULUTH'S FIRST RAILS !
RIDE WITH US THIS YEAR, IT'S FUN !!!
2015 SEASON BRINGS PLENTY OF
SUNSHINE, WILDLIFE AND SCENERY ON THE RAILROAD
JOIN US FOR A RELAXING EXCURSION ALONG THE ST LOUIS RIVER
IT'S GREAT FAMILY FUN !
The LS&M will offer classes for new volunteers who wish to begin training for operations positions of Conductor and Firemen.
Two days of classes include:
Class 1: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Saturday, March 21, 2015
LS&M Timetable and General Code of Operating Rules (GCOR)
Class 2: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Saturday, March 28, 2015
Air Brake and Train Handling
*Special training times can be arranged for those unable to make the scheduled days.
*Written tests over the material covered will conclude each class
*Classes will be held at the SUPERIOR PUBLIC LIBRARY, MEETING ROOM
1530 TOWER AVE (Corner of Tower Ave & Belknap St)
Training for positions of Ticket Agent, Car Host, and Narrator
will be scheduled at a later date.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-624-7549 to inquire about volunteer positions and classes.
Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad is looking for new volunteers:
ENGINEER - CONDUCTOR - FIREMAN - TRACK WORK
TICKET AGENTS - CAR HOST - NARRATOR
No previous railroad experience is necessary ! Training for all positions is provided.
PLENTY OF VOLUNTEER POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR FRIENDS & FAMILIES.
SEE THE LIST BELOW:
PR & Marketing
Train / Coach Readiness
Track Inspection / Build / Repair
Photography, Engine Repair, Painting, Carpentry, Coach Cleaning, General Maintenance, Electrical Needs, Sales, Recruitment, & MORE !!
**Recertification and New Training Classes to be held for Firemen, Conductors, and Engineers**
--- WE NEED NEW VOLUNTEERS AND NEW IDEAS
Check the "VOLUNTEER" page on this web-site for details on how to become a volunteer.
IT'S FUN. WE ALL ENJOY IT
The LSMRR, as an all-volunteer operation, provides unique opportunities for individuals to become involved with the preservation, restoration and operation of our railroad.
All skills are needed. Training for all LSMRR positions is provided .
**This is a great way to spend time with others who have an interest in railroading.**
Please check out the "Volunteer" page for positions needed.
Contact us at email@example.com or call 218-624-7549 to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- The LSMRR tourist train departs every Saturday & Sunday at 10:30 am & 1:30 pm for a 1 hour & 40 minute ride along the St. Louis River.
- The season runs from mid-June, to mid-October, 2015.
- The ride departs from the ticket office on Grand Ave across from the Lake Superior Zoo (behind the Little Store).
- No reservations necessary, however, group tickets may be purchased in advance. (See Scheduel/Fare/Charter page)
- Group charters are available by reservation only. (See Schedule/Fare/Charter page)
Historic Route: The ride follows the last six miles of the 1870’s track of the first train into Duluth,, the original Lake Superior & Mississippi.
Natural Setting: The train traces the St Louis River providing excellent viewing of nature & wildlife.
- Wildlife abounds – Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons, Turkey Vultures, Loons, Swans, Geese & Ducks with their young are common sights along with deer, fox & various other animals.
- The train crosses Mud Lake Causeway with water on both sides of the track.
- The fully narrated trip tells the rich history along the river.
Antique Equipment: Vintage equipment includes---
- two 1912 passenger coaches, both 100 years old this year-2012 !
- a 1946 engine
- an open-air Safari Car.
Join Us For A Great Ride !!
2015 RIDES JUST "AROUND THE CORNER" !
Plan ahead. Take your rides.
Enjoy the fun next summer!
Charters available upon request.
ADULT - $13.50
CHILD - $ 8.00
AGE 3 YRS AND UNDER RIDE FREE !
ENJOY THE DAY
RIDE THE RAILS !!!!
Call 218-624-7549 for information.