Welcome to Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad
DULUTH'S FIRST RAILS !
2014 SEASON OPENING
June 28, 2014
Saturdays & Sundays
10:30 am & 1:30 pm
June through mid-October
Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad is looking for new volunteers:
ENGINEERS - CONDUCTORS - FIREMAN - TRACK WORK
No previous railroad experience is necessary ! Training for all positions is provided.
Contact "Brad" for further information and sign up : 218-348-6404
PLENTY OF VOLUNTEEER POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR FRIENDS & FAMILIES.
SEE THE LIST BELOW:
PR & Marketing
Train / Coach Readiness
Track Inspection / Build / Repair
Photography, Engine Repair, Painting, Carpentry, Coach Cleaning, General Maintenance, Electrical Needs, Sales, Recruitment, & MORE !!
Recertification and New Training Classes to be held for Firemen, Conductors, and Engineers
--- WE NEED NEW VOLUNTEERS AND NEW IDEAS
Check the "VOLUNTEER" page on this web-site for details on how to become a volunteer.
IT'S FUN. WE ALL ENJOY IT
WE'RE ALL VOLUNTEERS !!!!!!
The LSMRR is an all-volunteer operation.
It provides unique opportunities for individuals to become involved with the preservation, restoration and operation of our railroad.
All skills are needed. Training for all LSMRR positions is provided .
**This is a great way to spend time with others who have an interest in railroading.**
Please check out the "Volunteer" page for positions needed.
Contact us at Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad (link at bottom of page) or call 218-624-7549 to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- The LSMRR tourist train departs every Saturday & Sunday at 10:30 am & 1:30 pm for a 1 hour & 40 minute ride along the St. Louis River.
- The season runs from June 28, 2014, to mid-October
- The ride departs from the ticket office on Grand Ave across from the Lake Superior Zoo (behind the Little Store).
- No reservations necessary, however, group tickets may be purchased in advance. (See Scheduel/Fare/Charter page)
- Group charters are available by reservation only. (See Schedule/Fare/Charter page)
Historic Route: The ride follows the last six miles of the 1870’s track of the first train into Duluth,, the original Lake Superior & Mississippi.
Natural Setting: The train traces the St Louis River providing excellent viewing of nature & wildlife.
- Wildlife abounds – Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons, Turkey Vultures, Loons, Swans, Geese & Ducks with their young are common sights along with deer, fox & various other animals.
- The train crosses Mud Lake Causeway with water on both sides of the track.
- The fully narrated trip tells the rich history along the river.
Antique Equipment: Vintage equipment includes---
- two 1912 passenger coaches, both 100 years old this year-2012 !
- a 1946 engine
- an open-air Safari Car.
Join Us For A Great Ride !!
OPENING DATE - JUNE 28, 2014
SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS
10:30 AM & 1:30 PM
ADULT - $13.50
CHILD - $ 8.00
AGE 3 YRS AND UNDER RIDE FREE !
ENJOY THE DAY
RIDE THE RAILS !!!!